Monday, June 27, 2011

My Early Years at Nelvana Studios in Toronto (1977 to 1983)

Above is a Rock & Rule clip on Youtube that contains both my Quadhole (at 1:20) and Cindy (at 6:20) sequences.

It scares me that this stuff was done 30 years ago!
Also posted above is a second Rock & Rule clip that includes Cindy at the infamous Club 666/Earth, Wind, and Fire sequence. It starts at 4:30.
(Please excuse my editing of posts...I'm just learning how to work this Blog.)
Here's a Quadhole cel that I found posted on the internet. Amazingly enough, I had autographed it 30 years ago for one of the film's painters, who had painted this cel.

5 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. Is this DRATS????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is...as it was originally titled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the proud owner of the above pictured cel. Great stuff! I was never able though to find this particular shot in the finished show. Was this scene perhaps dropped from the final cut?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken, that cel is from a second finished Quadhole sequence that was cut from the final version of the film. If memory serves me, there is about a minute of Quadhole animation that is on the cutting room floor and has never been seen by the public. I spent six months working on that Quadhole sequence animation. So, you have a very rare item in your possession.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks John. I am happy to have the cel, and all the others in my collection. I am sorry to hear that all of your work didn't make the final cut but I do enjoy the character, especially the scene at the public fountain. I have a few other Rock & Rule cels of Omar and Stretch that must be from scenes that were cut as well. My entire collection by the way is at http://mokman.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp. Yes my user name there is Mokman, lol. I have used Mok as a nickname since, well I was wee-high, saw Rock & Rule for the first time, and wanted a cool 3 letter name for my high scores at the video game arcade. Does that date me a little, lol? There are a couple other galleries at Rubberslug.com that also contain Rock & Rule cels, and of course a zillion other shows.

    ReplyDelete